Monday, September 19, 2011

A couple of days before departure to Marseille

Sunday morning, warm and easy... I took my laptop to check the destination, and flight information. I knew that it was midnight, and I had prepared myself to sleep on restless seats of airport. It supposed to land 2:30 AM. and the car rental offices were opening at 6:30 AM...Hmmm... nice is not it... 


Anyway, when I check the date, I realized that I could spend only four days, because I forgot that flight was in the midnight. I called the agency and the only way was to change the departure day, because the turning ticket was a promotion and to change the other way around might cost me quite a lot of money. I had to make my mind immediately, because there was no flight in the following day, and the only proper flight was just 12 hours later .... :) Yeap I did it, packed and arrange all the stuff including changing the hotel and car rental reservation in 12 hours. 


My hotel, or lets say a guest room was 42 Eur Bed & Breakfast for single person. It was a good deal since  it looks nice from the web ...Maison Provancale just in a lovely village called Venasque. I checked that it was in the northern part of Provence and close to Sault, which is good since I would like to see the lavender fields at first.  


I was thinking about using local transportation, but when I checked the forums, it was so apparent that I should rent a car. Later on I realized that, it was the best option if you would like to see the rural parts of France.  For 5 days it cost me 200 Eur, but I learned just after I gave the car back that it was same price even I took it 2 days more.... :) Such kind of things may happen as I can not understand French...


To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment